Did you know approximately 41 million Americans face hunger every day? In Oregon alone, approximately 550,000 people (over 190,000 of them children) don’t have access to a sufficient amount of both affordable nutritious food.
All Service Moving has been honored to support Move for Hunger for many years.
About Move for Hunger
Move for Hunger is a nonprofit that teams up with moving companies across the nation. The companies pick up unopened, non-perishable food items from those who are moving. The donated items are then delivered to local food banks.
The All Service Moving team will take care of everything!
Have you scheduled your move with All Service?
Prior to your move day, you will receive a confirmation email from our team which includes a sentence and link about the program. If you’re able to contribute food donations, our crew will pack-up the items and deliver them to a local food bank.
Not a customer yet?
You don’t have to be an All Service Moving customer to donate! Please consider the following ways you can contribute to Move for Hunger:
- Drop off your food donations at our office: 66 SE Morrison St. (corner of SE Morrison & SE Water Ave)
- Call us at 503-810-2770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn of additional drop-off sites around town
Don’t toss it! Donate it! Help support Move for Hunger.
Looking for other ways to give back?
You can donate food and other items at any time to:
- Join: Join assists homeless individuals and families make the move to affordable housing. In 2018, Join helped 1,377 people transition from homelessness to permanent housing. On average they move 25 people into housing each week. View their Current Needs List and drop-off location.
- The Oregon Food Bank: The Oregon Food Bank not only accepts donations from individuals, but from the food industry as well. They serve both Oregon and Clark County, Washington. View drop-off locations and to get details about what you can donate, volunteer opportunities, and more.
- Portland Police Bureau’s Sunshine Division: Sunshine Division has a rich history in Portland, starting in 1922. They serve 15,600+ households a year with shopping experiences in their clothing store as well as with food (including nonperishable, frozen, fresh produce, and dairy products). View ways you can contribute to Sunshine Division.